Tuesday 9 June 2009

Ubuntu Netbook Remix (UNR)

This is a new version of Ubuntu designed especially for netbook small screens. You can download it and put it on a bootable USB stick to install (or try out without installing) or simply install it from Terminal by typing:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-netbook-remix

My experiments with UNR were a disaster. It just caused chaos with graphics doing most peculiar things and generally made using Ubuntu impossible. So I tried to uninstall it with:

sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-netbook-remix

but this, whilst it claimed to have done so, didn't, and I was left with an unusable system. I ended up reinstalling Ubuntu from scratch, so my conclusion at the moment is that UNR just doesn't work on the Samsung NC10. Please tell me if you know otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment